Subject: Re: [PATCH] 802.1Q VLAN

From: Ben Greear <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 18:28:21 -0700

David S. Miller wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 16:56:10 -0700
> Ben Greear <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
>>DaveM, please consider accepting this patch (it's in a previous email to netdev,
>>just ask if you want it re-sent.)
> 
> 
> Applied, but I had to apply it by hand.  It gave a large reject.
> For some reason, patch barfed at the end of the vlan_dev.c parts
> and refused to interpreter the parts of the diffs for the other
> files.
> 
> Did you try to apply that patch to a tree before sending it off?
> 
> Anyways, I put it in by hand nevertheless.

I appreciate it.  I had edited the original patch, removing some
diffs of files that were not vlan related.  I guess that doesn't
work so well.  Will be more careful next time.

> 
> Also, what is up with the magic "23" constant in the get realdev
> name function strncpy() call?

Well, the fields are 24-bytes long, as defined in the include/linux/if_vlan.h
file.  I could change it to a #define and/or use sizeof if you prefer.

Thanks,
Ben

-- 
Ben Greear <[email-masked]>
Candela Technologies Inc  http://www.candelatech.com