Subject: Re: [PATCH] via-rhine: references __init code during resume

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 09:02:42 -0400

Randy.Dunlap wrote:
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> 
> Fix __init section usage:
> rhine_resume calls enable_mmio, so latter cannot be __devinit;
> Error: ./drivers/net/via-rhine.o .text refers to 0000000000000925 R_X86_64_PC32     .init.text+0xfffffffffffffffc
> 
> Signed-off-by: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>

Attaching patches in this way breaks Linus's patch merge scripts (which 
I use), causing the description to be completely omitted.

Please include descriptions and patches inline.  "sendmail -t < mail" 
works well for this.  You need only supply the From, To, and Subject 
headers, and a blank line, in order for this to work.

	Jeff