Subject: Re: [PATCH 6/8] Use SLAB_PANIC when creating critical slab cache

From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 21:51:59 -0200

Chris Wright wrote:
> * Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo ([email-masked]) wrote:
> 
>>Chris,
>>
>>	I think somebody proposed this in the past and it was refused
>>because we better get rid of the panics and return an error, propagate
>>it and refuse to load the module, better have the machine still alive
>>but without networking than panic it.
> 
> 
> Sounds good too.  Part of my thinking was that these patches would be a
> good chance to review if these are necessarily panic conditions.  What was
> the plan on error return, since I expect some caches are interdependent?

I lost track, perhaps we should push this to the janitor mailing list?

:-)

- Arnaldo