Subject: Re: Fw: [Bugme-new] [Bug 3747] New: HTB causes machine lockups

From: Michał Margula <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 19:10:11 +0100

Thomas Graf napisał(a):

>Did you ever experience the same problems with other classful qdiscs such as
>CBQ? Would it be possible for you to run a similar CBQ setup on a dummy device
>and see if it happens as well? Is anything going on at the time of the
>deadlocks like an interface going down etc.?
>
>  
>
At the moment I can't make such CBQ configuration, because I have no 
free time, too much work. But in about few weeks I am going to convert 
that box 2.6.x kernels. After that if hangs don't stop, we can think 
about converting that to CBQ, ok?

And by the way, today I got that in my logs:

Nov 22 17:50:01 sauron kernel: Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer 
dereference at virtual address 00000000
Nov 22 17:50:01 sauron kernel:  printing eip:
Nov 22 17:50:01 sauron kernel: f89cb555
Nov 22 17:50:01 sauron kernel: *pde = 00000000
Nov 22 17:50:01 sauron kernel: Oops: 0000
Nov 22 17:50:01 sauron kernel: CPU:    3
Nov 22 17:50:01 sauron kernel: EIP:    
0010:[cls_u32:__insmod_cls_u32_O/lib/modules/2.4.26/kernel/net/sched/cls_+-146091/96]    
Not tainted
Nov 22 17:50:01 sauron kernel: EFLAGS: 00010202
Nov 22 17:50:01 sauron kernel: eax: 000000b0   ebx: 00000000   ecx: 
c02f9888   edx: 000000b0
Nov 22 17:50:01 sauron kernel: esi: f04a7dd8   edi: f4eb5068   ebp: 
f4eb5068   esp: f04a7d90
Nov 22 17:50:01 sauron kernel: ds: 0018   es: 0018   ss: 0018
Nov 22 17:50:01 sauron kernel: Process tc (pid: 6600, stackpage=f04a7000)
Nov 22 17:50:01 sauron kernel: Stack: f4eb5000 00000930 c57fd824 
c57fd800 f4eb5068 00000000 f4eb5060 c02021c5
Nov 22 17:50:01 sauron kernel:        f4eb5000 f04a7dd8 e6eb8880 
c92aab00 c57fd800 c92aab00 c57fd818 dc9a8e90
Nov 22 17:50:01 sauron kernel:        f7ceb000 0000092f 00000000 
00000000 00000001 c02020b4 e6eb8880 c57fd800
Nov 22 17:50:01 sauron kernel: Call Trace:    [tc_dump_tclass+221/304] 
[qdisc_class_dump+0/52] [netlink_dump+130/464] [skb_free_datagram+29/36] 
[netlink_recvmsg+190/300]
Nov 22 17:50:01 sauron kernel:   [netlink_recvmsg+229/300] 
[sock_recvmsg+61/188] [sys_recvmsg+356/516] [handle_mm_fault+92/188] 
[schedule+1115/1312] [pipe_write+518/616]
Nov 22 17:50:01 sauron kernel:   [sys_socketcall+501/512] 
[system_call+51/56]
Nov 22 17:50:01 sauron kernel:
Nov 22 17:50:01 sauron kernel: Code: 8b 03 0f 18 00 39 fb 75 c2 83 44 24 
10 08 83 c5 08 ff 44 24
Nov 22 17:50:01 sauron kernel:  <6>HTB init, kernel part version 3.16

And my HTB rules stopped working.

-- 
Michał Margula, [email-masked], http://alchemyx.uznam.net.pl/
"W życiu piękne są tylko chwile" [Ryszard Riedel]