Subject: Re: Required resources on network driver programming

From: Michael Renzmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 10:06:09 +0100

Hi.

linux lover wrote:
>                  I require help about where can i get
> resources or any book for writing virtual network
> driver with SAMPLE EXAMPLES?

I think the following resources might be useful for your task - also 
there might be alternatives for the implementation 
(tcpdump/tethereal-like programs that capture the information you need 
from a packet socket):

Linux Device Drivers, 2nd Edition
http://www.xml.com/ldd/chapter/book/index.html

The Linux Kernel Module Programming Guide
http://en.tldp.org/LDP/lkmpg/

Virtual Network Interfaces
http://www.linux.it/~rubini/docs/vinter/vinter.html

Linux Kernel Module Programming Guide
http://oopweb.com/OS/Documents/LKMPG/VolumeFrames.html?/OS/Documents/LKMPG/Volume/node11.html

The Linux Kernel API
http://kernelnewbies.org/documents/kdoc/kernel-api/linuxkernelapi.html

Generally it's also a good idea to have a look at 
http://www.kernelnewbies.org/ and visit the IRC-channel #kernelnewbies 
at oftc.net.

Bye, Mike