Subject: Re: request_module while holding rtnl semaphore

From: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 22:05:07 +0100

Thomas Graf wrote:

>* Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]> 2005-01-11 04:04
>
>>This patch got lost somehow. The act_api.c changes are actually
>>even more complicated because besides the action init path, changes
>>can also be made from classifiers in a deep call-chain. I hope
>>Thomas's recent changes make it easier to fix this, but I think
>>this patch should go in now anyway.
>>
>
>The action initialization is now done first and no classifier
>data is changed except for tp->root modifications which must not
>be undone so you can safely return EBUSY. rsvp might be an exception,
>I haven't looked too closely into it yet.
>
>tcindex returns EBUSY when a filter is changed which does not fit
>into the hashtable, so this must be changed.
>
It's -EAGAIN, so no problem, nothing returns this currently. I'm going to
send a patch later.

Regards
Patrick