Subject: Re: path: module replay

From: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 20:50:08 +0100

Patrick McHardy wrote:

> jamal wrote:
>
>> Ok, here is the last patch. I think module replay should be done from
>> that spot and to be consistent as well from cls_api.c for legacy stuff.
>> I also fixed a module ref count leak. the act_api piece is dependent 
>> on what i sent earlier for namsiz.
>> the cls_api change i believe conflicts with what Thomas sent yesterday.
>>
> We have to replay all orders since we dropped the rtnl. An action
> could have done __dev_get_by_* or something similar. Can you send
> a single patch for the module refcount leak please ?

I was wrong, the already initialized actions need to hold their own
references anyway. I'm going have another look and add your patch later
if I don't see other problems.

Regards
Patrick