Subject: Re: 2.6.10 ipv6/8021q lockup on vconfig on interface removal

From: Andre Tomt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:04:38 +0100

Hasso Tepper wrote:
> Ben Greear wrote:
> 
>>Andre Tomt wrote:
>>
>>>I sent this initially about a week ago, but nobody have said anything,
>>>not even a confirmation that its beeing looked into, or about me beeing
>>>silly - highly unusual on netdev! So I'm reposting (with slight
>>>modifications), boo, shame on me. Just a bit worried it slipped through
>>>the cracks.
>>
>>My take on this is that it is a bug in the IPv6 code.  If the IPv6 people
>>think that the VLAN code might could be causing this, then I am open to
>>suggestions as to how the VLAN code might be in error....
> 
> 
> There were similar problems with tunnels in 2.6.8 and 2.6.9 kernels. They 
> seems to be gone now in 2.6.10.
> 
> Does it help, Andre?

As said in the subject, 2.6.10 exibits this. I had a similar issue 
earlier on in 2.6.8, that one got fixed with a host of other related 
ones. Then the same symptoms popped up sometime later in the development 
of the kernel; not sure exactly when this got introduced as we only ran 
our own internal 2.6.8 tree with the fix in.

I should probably do a binary search and at least pinpoint when it 
happened, but I won't have any free resources to do so until sometime 
this weekend.