Subject: Re: skb_checksum_help

From: David Coulson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 07:05:43 -0500

David S. Miller wrote:
> For example, it probably only works properly when HW vlan assist
> is being used on TX.  It's likely that the chips which don't support
> VLAN assist also can't handle VLAN headers in their TX checksumming
> engine.

This is in acenic.c - ACENIC_DO_VLAN is a check to see if 8021q is 
compiled into the kernel or available as a module.

#if ACENIC_DO_VLAN
         dev->features |= NETIF_F_HW_VLAN_TX | NETIF_F_HW_VLAN_RX;
         dev->vlan_rx_register = ace_vlan_rx_register;
         dev->vlan_rx_kill_vid = ace_vlan_rx_kill_vid;
#endif

David

-- 
David J. Coulson
email: [email-masked]
web: http://www.davidcoulson.net/
phone: (216) 920-3100 / (216) 258-4942