Subject: Re: skb_checksum_help

From: David Coulson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:16:37 -0500

Herbert Xu wrote:

> OK, I think I've found the problem.  It's a totally innocuous bug
> in ip_fragment/ip6_fragment.  When we're in the fast path and use
> the pre-existing frag_list skb's, we forgot to clear ip_summed.

Okay - I applied Herbert's patch to my kernels and it all looks good 
now. Thomas showed me how to generate fragged packets using hping2 
(handy tool!) and replicate the kernel failure.

I slammed it with hping2 for a while, and didn't experience any kernel 
errors or see any debug information from previous patches. Everything is 
working as it should be, and I verified I saw the fragged packets in 
tcpdump to make sure they were being routed properly.

:-)

David

-- 
David J. Coulson
email: [email-masked]
web: http://www.davidcoulson.net/
phone: (216) 920-3100 / (216) 258-4942