Subject: netdev-2.6 queue updated

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 19:00:32 -0500

The attached changelog describes what I just pushed out to BitKeeper 
(and what should be appearing in the next -mm release from Andrew).

Note to BK users:  please re-clone netdev-2.6, don't just 'bk pull'.

Most of this is simply stuff that is "hanging out for a while" in 
netdev-2.6 while it -- hopefully -- gets testing and review.  All of 
these changes are bound for upstream eventually.

Note on wireless:  HostAP and Vladmir's effort to make 802.11 a "real" 
Linux network protocol both seem to have stagnated a bit.  I'm still 
hoping that
* Intel will appear with a patch that merges their drivers
* some magical engineering force will start using the HostAP code as 
common library code in other drivers (notably Intel)
* Vladmir or someone will continue Vladmir's work to integrate wireless 
more closely with the Linux network stack

	Jeff

BK users:

	bk pull bk://gkernel.bkbits.net/netdev-2.6

This will update the following files:

 Documentation/networking/ixgb.txt               |    9 
 MAINTAINERS                                     |    7 
 drivers/net/3c503.c                             |   67 
 drivers/net/3c515.c                             |   32 
 drivers/net/8139cp.c                            |  100 
 drivers/net/8139too.c                           |  291 -
 drivers/net/Kconfig                             |   12 
 drivers/net/Makefile                            |    1 
 drivers/net/arcnet/arc-rawmode.c                |    4 
 drivers/net/arcnet/arc-rimi.c                   |   14 
 drivers/net/arcnet/arcnet.c                     |   30 
 drivers/net/arcnet/com20020.c                   |    6 
 drivers/net/arcnet/com90io.c                    |    4 
 drivers/net/arcnet/com90xx.c                    |    8 
 drivers/net/arcnet/rfc1051.c                    |    8 
 drivers/net/arcnet/rfc1201.c                    |   12 
 drivers/net/b44.h                               |   14 
 drivers/net/cs89x0.c                            |    4 
 drivers/net/es3210.c                            |   32 
 drivers/net/ewrk3.c                             |   87 
 drivers/net/fealnx.c                            |  275 -
 drivers/net/ibmlana.c                           |   99 
 drivers/net/ibmlana.h                           |    1 
 drivers/net/irda/act200l-sir.c                  |    3 
 drivers/net/irda/irtty-sir.c                    |    4 
 drivers/net/irda/ma600-sir.c                    |   12 
 drivers/net/irda/sir_dev.c                      |    4 
 drivers/net/irda/tekram-sir.c                   |    3 
 drivers/net/mv643xx_eth.c                       | 2398 +++++-----
 drivers/net/mv643xx_eth.h                       |  603 --
 drivers/net/ni65.c                              |    3 
 drivers/net/ns83820.c                           |    3 
 drivers/net/pcmcia/ibmtr_cs.c                   |    7 
 drivers/net/pcmcia/xirc2ps_cs.c                 |   23 
 drivers/net/pcnet32.c                           |   47 
 drivers/net/sis900.c                            |  195 
 drivers/net/sk_mca.c                            |  126 
 drivers/net/sk_mca.h                            |   19 
 drivers/net/skge.c                              | 3334 ++++++++++++++
 drivers/net/skge.h                              | 3005 ++++++++++++
 drivers/net/smc-mca.c                           |   37 
 drivers/net/smc-ultra.c                         |   34 
 drivers/net/smc-ultra32.c                       |   30 
 drivers/net/smc91x.c                            |   37 
 drivers/net/smc91x.h                            |   20 
 drivers/net/tg3.h                               |   14 
 drivers/net/tokenring/ibmtr.c                   |  158 
 drivers/net/typhoon-firmware.h                  | 5568 ++++++++++--------------
 drivers/net/typhoon.c                           |  244 -
 drivers/net/wan/cosa.c                          |    7 
 drivers/net/wan/dscc4.c                         |  117 
 drivers/net/wd.c                                |   36 
 drivers/net/wireless/Kconfig                    |    2 
 drivers/net/wireless/Makefile                   |    2 
 drivers/net/wireless/airo.c                     |   25 
 drivers/net/wireless/airport.c                  |    5 
 drivers/net/wireless/arlan.h                    |    4 
 drivers/net/wireless/atmel_cs.c                 |    3 
 drivers/net/wireless/hermes.c                   |   43 
 drivers/net/wireless/hermes.h                   |   62 
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/Kconfig             |  104 
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/Makefile            |    8 
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap.c            | 1205 +++++
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap.h            |   57 
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_80211.h      |  107 
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_80211_rx.c   | 1080 ++++
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_80211_tx.c   |  522 ++
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_ap.c         | 3259 ++++++++++++++
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_ap.h         |  272 +
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_common.h     |  556 ++
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_config.h     |   86 
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_crypt.c      |  167 
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_crypt.h      |   50 
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_crypt_ccmp.c |  486 ++
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_crypt_tkip.c |  696 +++
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_crypt_wep.c  |  281 +
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_cs.c         |  785 +++
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_download.c   |  761 +++
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_hw.c         | 3607 +++++++++++++++
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_info.c       |  469 ++
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_ioctl.c      | 3624 +++++++++++++++
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_pci.c        |  452 +
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_plx.c        |  611 ++
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_proc.c       |  466 ++
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_wlan.h       | 1071 ++++
 drivers/net/wireless/orinoco_cs.c               |   10 
 drivers/net/wireless/orinoco_pci.c              |    7 
 drivers/net/wireless/orinoco_plx.c              |   82 
 drivers/net/wireless/orinoco_tmd.c              |   51 
 drivers/net/wireless/prism54/isl_ioctl.c        |    2 
 include/linux/ibmtr.h                           |   15 
 include/linux/mii.h                             |    4 
 include/linux/mv643xx.h                         |  434 +
 include/linux/pci_ids.h                         |    8 
 94 files changed, 32802 insertions(+), 5947 deletions(-)

through these ChangeSets:

<dfarnsworth:mvista.com>:
  o Big rename
  o Rename MV_READ => mv_read and MV_WRITE => mv_write
  o Additional whitespace cleanups, mostly changing spaces to tabs in comments
  o Run mv643xx_eth.[ch] through scripts/Lindent
  o Add a function to detect at runtime whether a PHY is attached to the specified port, and use it to cause the probe routine to fail when there is no PHY.
  o This one liner removes a spurious left paren fixing an obvious syntax error in the #ifndef MV64340_NAPI case
  o Add support for PHYs/boards that don't support autonegotiation
  o With this patch, the driver now calls netif_carrier_off/netif_carrier_on
  o This patch cleans up the handling of receive skb sizing

<philipp.gortan:tttech.com>:
  o [netdrvr 8139cp] add PCI ID

Alexander Viro:
  o 3c503 (iomem + isa-ectomy)
  o ibmlana part 2 (iomem annotations and isa-ectomy)
  o ibmlana part 1 (netdev_priv())
  o sk_mca - iomem and isa-ectomy
  o sk_mca - netdev_priv()
  o ibmtr 2/2: ibmtr annotations - the rest
  o ibmtr 1/2: iomem annotations - trivial part
  o es3210 iomem annotions and isa-ectomy
  o ewrk3 iomem annotations + isa-ectomy
  o wd iomem annotations + isa-ectomy
  o smc-ultra32 iomem annotations + isa-ectomy
  o smc-ultra iomem annotations + isa-ectomy
  o smc-mca iomem annotations and isa-ectomy
  o fealnx iomem annotations, switch to io{read,write}
  o wireless iomem annotations and fixes, switch to io{read,write}

Dale Farnsworth:
  o This patch simplifies the mv64340_eth_set_rx_mode function without changing its behavior.
  o This patch makes the use of the MV64340_RX_QUEUE_FILL_ON_TASK config macro more consistent, though the macro remains undefined, since the feature still does not work properly.
  o This patch adds support for passing additional parameters via the platform_device interface.  These additional parameters are:
  o This patch adds device driver model support to the mv643xx_eth driver
  o This patch replaces the use of the pci_map_* functions with the corresponding dma_map_* functions.
  o This patch fixes the code that enables hardware checksum generation
  o This patch removes spin delays (count to 1000000, ugh) and instead waits with udelay or msleep for hardware flags to change.
  o This patch removes code that is redundant or useless

Daniele Venzano:
  o sis900: chiprev i/o cleanups
  o sis900: debugging output update
  o sis900 printk audit
  o sis900: version bump; remove broken URL
  o sis900: add infrastructure needed for standard netif messages

David Dillow:
  o Bump version and release date
  o Version 03.001.008 of the Typhoon firmware, courtesy of 3Com
  o Fixup the version reporting to match 3Com
  o Use module_param() and add descriptions
  o Teach typhoon to use port IO on machines that need it. It will attempt to use MMIO, but if that fails (or the user asks), it will fallback to port IO.
  o Enable bus mastering before saving our state, or we'll only be able to load the modules one time.

David T. Hollis:
  o Move MII-related constants from b44/tg3 drivers to linux/mii.h

Domen Puncer:
  o net/ewrk3: replace schedule_timeout() with msleep_interruptible()
  o net/tekram-sir: replace schedule_timeout() with msleep()
  o net/ns83820: replace schedule_timeout() with msleep()
  o net/ni65: replace schedule_timeout() with msleep()
  o net/sir_dev: replace schedule_timeout() with msleep()
  o net/xirc2ps_cs: replace Wait() with msleep()
  o net/ma600-sir: replace schedule_timeout() with msleep()
  o net/irtty-sir: replace schedule_timeout() with msleep()
  o net/act2001-sir: replace schedule_timeout() with msleep()
  o arcnet: remove casts

Don Fry:
  o pcnet32: 79c976 with fiber optic fix

Felipe Damasio:
  o 8139cp net driver: add MODULE_VERSION

François Romieu:
  o dscc4: removal of unneeded variable
  o dscc4: removal of unneeded casts
  o dscc4: error status checking and pci janitoring
  o dscc4: code factorisation
  o dscc4: use of uncompletely initialized struct
  o 8139cp: SG support fixes

Ganesh Venkatesan:
  o ixgb: Documentation/networking/ixgb.txt

Ian Campbell:
  o smc91x: power down PHY on suspend

Jeff Garzik:
  o [wireless hostap] update for new pci_save_state()
  o [netdrvr 8139cp] TSO support

Joshua Kwan:
  o hostap: fix Kconfig typos and missing select CRYPTO

Jouni Malinen:
  o Host AP: Replaced MODULE_PARM with module_param*
  o Host AP: Replaced direct dev->priv references with netdev_priv(dev)
  o Host AP: Updated to use Linux wireless extensions v17
  o Host AP: pci_register_driver() return value changes
  o Host AP: Fix netif_carrier_off() in non-client modes
  o Host AP: Fix PRISM2_IO_DEBUG
  o Host AP: Use void __iomem * with {read,write}{b,w}
  o Host AP: Fix card enabling after firmware download
  o Host AP: Do not bridge packets to unauthorized ports
  o Host AP: Fix compilation with PRISM2_NO_STATION_MODES defined
  o Host AP: Prevent STAs from associating using AP address
  o Host AP: Fix hw address changing for wifi# interface
  o Host AP: Remove ioctl debug messages
  o Host AP: Ignore (Re)AssocResp messages silently
  o Host AP: Fix interface packet counters
  o Host AP: Disable EAPOL TX/RX debug messages
  o fix hostap crypto bugs
  o Add HostAP wireless driver

JustMan:
  o atmel_cs: Add support LG LW2100N WLAN PCMCIA card

Nishanth Aravamudan:
  o net/cosa: replace schedule_timeout() with msleep()
  o net/airo: replace schedule_timeout() with msleep()/ssleep()
  o net/cs89x0: replace schedule_timeout() with msleep()

Pekka Enberg:
  o 8139too: use iomap for pio/mmio

Randy Dunlap:
  o prism54: use NULL for pointer
  o (v2) arlan: remove gcc warning with CONFIG_PROC_FS=n

Rene Herman:
  o 8139too Interframe Gap Time

Steffen Klassert:
  o Add MODULE_VERSION to the 3c515 driver
  o Use netdev_priv in the 3c515 driver
  o 8139cp - add netpoll support

Stephen Hemminger:
  o skge driver (0.5)
  o 8139too: use netdev_priv
  o 8139cp - module_param

Thomas Gleixner:
  o rtl8139too.c: Fix missing pci_disable_dev
  o rtl8139too.c: Fix missing pci_disable_dev

Tony Lindgren:
  o Add OMAP support to smc91x Ethernet driver