Subject: Re: [PATCH] SELinux: Fix RCU deref check warning in sel_netport_insert()

From: Paul Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 18:51:19 -0400

On Wednesday, October 05, 2011 02:32:03 PM David Howells wrote:
> Paul Moore <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > We should probably do the same for the security/selinux/netif.c as it
> > uses the same logic; David is this something you want to tackle?
> 
> netif.c doesn't use any rcu_dereference*() function directly, though it does
> use list_for_each_entry_rcu().  However, I'm not sure that's a problem. 
> What is it you're referring to?

My apologies, the netport.c and netif.c code is very, very similar and 
whenever I see a patch just for one of the two it causes a reaction that you 
saw above.  While netif.c has a similar function, sel_netif_insert(), it is 
slightly different and doesn't need a rcu_dereference() ad the netport.c code 
does.

Sorry for the confusion.

-- 
paul moore
www.paul-moore.com