Subject: netdev-2.6, wireless-2.6 queues updated

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 02:27:59 -0500

See attached changelog.  I'm too slack to post a patch tonight.
Please do a

	bk pull bk://gkernel.bkbits.net/netdev-2.6

This will update the following files:

 drivers/net/bagetlance.c                        | 1368 -----
 include/linux/dp83840.h                         |   41 
 Documentation/networking/bonding.txt            | 2101 +++++----
 Documentation/networking/e100.txt               |    3 
 Documentation/networking/ixgb.txt               |    9 
 MAINTAINERS                                     |    7 
 arch/arm/mach-pxa/lubbock.c                     |    2 
 arch/arm/mach-sa1100/neponset.c                 |    2 
 drivers/net/3c503.c                             |   67 
 drivers/net/3c509.c                             |    4 
 drivers/net/3c515.c                             |   32 
 drivers/net/3c527.c                             |    2 
 drivers/net/3c59x.c                             |    2 
 drivers/net/8139cp.c                            |  100 
 drivers/net/8139too.c                           |  293 -
 drivers/net/Kconfig                             |   59 
 drivers/net/Makefile                            |    2 
 drivers/net/Space.c                             |   11 
 drivers/net/amd8111e.c                          |    6 
 drivers/net/arcnet/arc-rawmode.c                |    4 
 drivers/net/arcnet/arc-rimi.c                   |   14 
 drivers/net/arcnet/arcnet.c                     |   30 
 drivers/net/arcnet/com20020.c                   |    6 
 drivers/net/arcnet/com90io.c                    |    4 
 drivers/net/arcnet/com90xx.c                    |    8 
 drivers/net/arcnet/rfc1051.c                    |    8 
 drivers/net/arcnet/rfc1201.c                    |   12 
 drivers/net/au1000_eth.c                        | 1361 ++++-
 drivers/net/au1000_eth.h                        |   55 
 drivers/net/b44.c                               |    2 
 drivers/net/b44.h                               |   14 
 drivers/net/bonding/bond_3ad.c                  |    2 
 drivers/net/bonding/bond_3ad.h                  |    1 
 drivers/net/bonding/bond_alb.c                  |   12 
 drivers/net/bonding/bond_main.c                 |   35 
 drivers/net/cs89x0.c                            |    4 
 drivers/net/depca.c                             |    4 
 drivers/net/dgrs.c                              |    6 
 drivers/net/e100.c                              |    4 
 drivers/net/e1000/e1000.h                       |    3 
 drivers/net/e1000/e1000_ethtool.c               |   11 
 drivers/net/e1000/e1000_hw.c                    |   86 
 drivers/net/e1000/e1000_hw.h                    |   11 
 drivers/net/e1000/e1000_main.c                  |  249 -
 drivers/net/eepro100.c                          |   17 
 drivers/net/epic100.c                           |    2 
 drivers/net/es3210.c                            |   32 
 drivers/net/ethertap.c                          |    4 
 drivers/net/ewrk3.c                             |   87 
 drivers/net/fealnx.c                            |  275 -
 drivers/net/hamradio/baycom_epp.c               |   53 
 drivers/net/hamradio/baycom_par.c               |    8 
 drivers/net/hamradio/baycom_ser_fdx.c           |    7 
 drivers/net/hamradio/baycom_ser_hdx.c           |    7 
 drivers/net/hamradio/bpqether.c                 |   17 
 drivers/net/hamradio/dmascc.c                   | 2073 ++++----
 drivers/net/hamradio/hdlcdrv.c                  |   48 
 drivers/net/hamradio/mkiss.c                    |   12 
 drivers/net/hamradio/yam.c                      |   38 
 drivers/net/ibm_emac/ibm_emac.h                 |    4 
 drivers/net/ibmlana.c                           |   99 
 drivers/net/ibmlana.h                           |    1 
 drivers/net/ioc3-eth.c                          |   83 
 drivers/net/irda/act200l-sir.c                  |    3 
 drivers/net/irda/donauboe.c                     |    2 
 drivers/net/irda/irtty-sir.c                    |    4 
 drivers/net/irda/ma600-sir.c                    |   12 
 drivers/net/irda/sir_dev.c                      |    4 
 drivers/net/irda/tekram-sir.c                   |    3 
 drivers/net/ixgb/ixgb.h                         |    3 
 drivers/net/ixgb/ixgb_ee.c                      |   16 
 drivers/net/ixgb/ixgb_ee.h                      |    3 
 drivers/net/ixgb/ixgb_ethtool.c                 |    5 
 drivers/net/ixgb/ixgb_hw.c                      |    2 
 drivers/net/ixgb/ixgb_hw.h                      |    2 
 drivers/net/ixgb/ixgb_ids.h                     |    2 
 drivers/net/ixgb/ixgb_main.c                    |   73 
 drivers/net/ixgb/ixgb_osdep.h                   |    2 
 drivers/net/ixgb/ixgb_param.c                   |    2 
 drivers/net/jazzsonic.c                         |  217 
 drivers/net/loopback.c                          |    2 
 drivers/net/lp486e.c                            |    8 
 drivers/net/meth.c                              |  275 -
 drivers/net/meth.h                              |    2 
 drivers/net/mv643xx_eth.c                       | 2690 ++++++-----
 drivers/net/mv643xx_eth.h                       |  641 +-
 drivers/net/natsemi.c                           |   13 
 drivers/net/ne2k-pci.c                          |    4 
 drivers/net/ni65.c                              |    3 
 drivers/net/ns83820.c                           |    3 
 drivers/net/pcmcia/ibmtr_cs.c                   |    7 
 drivers/net/pcmcia/xirc2ps_cs.c                 |   23 
 drivers/net/pcnet32.c                           |   47 
 drivers/net/ppp_deflate.c                       |    4 
 drivers/net/ppp_generic.c                       |    2 
 drivers/net/pppoe.c                             |    2 
 drivers/net/s2io.c                              |  173 
 drivers/net/s2io.h                              |    8 
 drivers/net/sb1000.c                            |    8 
 drivers/net/sb1250-mac.c                        |  109 
 drivers/net/sgiseeq.c                           |   70 
 drivers/net/shaper.c                            |    2 
 drivers/net/sis900.c                            |  197 
 drivers/net/sk98lin/skge.c                      |    2 
 drivers/net/sk_mca.c                            |  126 
 drivers/net/sk_mca.h                            |   19 
 drivers/net/skge.c                              | 3334 ++++++++++++++
 drivers/net/skge.h                              | 3005 ++++++++++++
 drivers/net/slhc.c                              |   27 
 drivers/net/smc-mca.c                           |   37 
 drivers/net/smc-ultra.c                         |   34 
 drivers/net/smc-ultra32.c                       |   30 
 drivers/net/smc91x.c                            |  275 -
 drivers/net/smc91x.h                            |   79 
 drivers/net/sonic.c                             |    4 
 drivers/net/sundance.c                          |    7 
 drivers/net/sungem.c                            |    2 
 drivers/net/tg3.c                               |    4 
 drivers/net/tg3.h                               |   14 
 drivers/net/tokenring/ibmtr.c                   |  158 
 drivers/net/tulip/interrupt.c                   |    2 
 drivers/net/tulip/tulip_core.c                  |    2 
 drivers/net/tun.c                               |    4 
 drivers/net/typhoon-firmware.h                  | 5568 ++++++++++--------------
 drivers/net/typhoon.c                           |  254 -
 drivers/net/via-rhine.c                         |    4 
 drivers/net/via-velocity.c                      |    6 
 drivers/net/wan/cosa.c                          |    7 
 drivers/net/wd.c                                |   36 
 drivers/net/wireless/Kconfig                    |    2 
 drivers/net/wireless/Makefile                   |    2 
 drivers/net/wireless/airo.c                     |   25 
 drivers/net/wireless/airport.c                  |   22 
 drivers/net/wireless/arlan.h                    |    4 
 drivers/net/wireless/atmel_cs.c                 |    3 
 drivers/net/wireless/hermes.c                   |   72 
 drivers/net/wireless/hermes.h                   |   64 
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/Kconfig             |  104 
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/Makefile            |    8 
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap.c            | 1205 +++++
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap.h            |   57 
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_80211.h      |  107 
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_80211_rx.c   | 1080 ++++
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_80211_tx.c   |  522 ++
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_ap.c         | 3259 ++++++++++++++
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_ap.h         |  272 +
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_common.h     |  556 ++
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_config.h     |   86 
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_crypt.c      |  167 
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_crypt.h      |   50 
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_crypt_ccmp.c |  486 ++
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_crypt_tkip.c |  696 +++
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_crypt_wep.c  |  281 +
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_cs.c         |  785 +++
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_download.c   |  761 +++
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_hw.c         | 3607 +++++++++++++++
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_info.c       |  469 ++
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_ioctl.c      | 3624 +++++++++++++++
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_pci.c        |  452 +
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_plx.c        |  611 ++
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_proc.c       |  466 ++
 drivers/net/wireless/hostap/hostap_wlan.h       | 1071 ++++
 drivers/net/wireless/orinoco.c                  |  419 +
 drivers/net/wireless/orinoco.h                  |   37 
 drivers/net/wireless/orinoco_cs.c               |   50 
 drivers/net/wireless/orinoco_pci.c              |  123 
 drivers/net/wireless/orinoco_plx.c              |  234 -
 drivers/net/wireless/orinoco_tmd.c              |  149 
 drivers/net/wireless/prism54/isl_ioctl.c        |    2 
 drivers/net/wireless/ray_cs.c                   |    5 
 drivers/net/wireless/strip.c                    |   16 
 include/linux/ibmtr.h                           |   15 
 include/linux/mii.h                             |    4 
 include/linux/mv643xx.h                         |  448 +
 include/linux/netdevice.h                       |    2 
 include/linux/pci_ids.h                         |    8 
 include/net/ieee80211.h                         |  887 +++
 include/net/ieee80211_crypt.h                   |   86 
 include/net/slhc_vj.h                           |    3 
 net/Kconfig                                     |    2 
 net/Makefile                                    |    1 
 net/core/dev.c                                  |   28 
 net/ieee80211/Kconfig                           |   71 
 net/ieee80211/Makefile                          |   11 
 net/ieee80211/ieee80211_crypt.c                 |  259 +
 net/ieee80211/ieee80211_crypt_ccmp.c            |  470 ++
 net/ieee80211/ieee80211_crypt_tkip.c            |  708 +++
 net/ieee80211/ieee80211_crypt_wep.c             |  272 +
 net/ieee80211/ieee80211_module.c                |  268 +
 net/ieee80211/ieee80211_rx.c                    | 1206 +++++
 net/ieee80211/ieee80211_tx.c                    |  448 +
 net/ieee80211/ieee80211_wx.c                    |  471 ++
 192 files changed, 43702 insertions(+), 10589 deletions(-)

through these ChangeSets:

<andi:cosy.sbg.ac.at>:
  o sundance: attempt to address high irqs due to TX overflow

<dfarnsworth:mvista.com>:
  o Big rename
  o Rename MV_READ => mv_read and MV_WRITE => mv_write
  o Additional whitespace cleanups, mostly changing spaces to tabs in comments
  o Run mv643xx_eth.[ch] through scripts/Lindent
  o Add a function to detect at runtime whether a PHY is attached to the specified port, and use it to cause the probe routine to fail when there is no PHY.
  o This one liner removes a spurious left paren fixing an obvious syntax error in the #ifndef MV64340_NAPI case
  o Add support for PHYs/boards that don't support autonegotiation
  o With this patch, the driver now calls netif_carrier_off/netif_carrier_on
  o This patch cleans up the handling of receive skb sizing

<jketreno:linux.intel.com>:
  o ieee80211 subsystem

<mallikarjuna.chilakala:intel.com>:
  o e1000: Driver version white space,
  o e1000: Fixes related to Cable length
  o e1000: Report failure code when loopback
  o e1000: Checks for desc ring/rx data
  o e1000: Patch from Peter Kjellstroem --
  o e1000: Fix WOL settings in 82544 based
  o e1000: Delay clean-up of last Tx buffer
  o e1000: Avoid race between e1000_watchdog
  o e1000: use netif_poll_{enable|disable}
  o e1000: Robert Olsson's fix and refinement
  o ixgb: Driver version, white space, other stuff
  o ixgb: Invalidate software cache, when EEPROM write occurs
  o ixgb: Robert Olsson's fix and refinement to poll
  o ixgb: Avoid race e1000_watchdog and ixgb_clean_tx_irq
  o ixgb: use netif_poll_{enable|disable}

<philipp.gortan:tttech.com>:
  o [netdrvr 8139cp] add PCI ID

Adrian Bunk:
  o drivers/net/via-rhine.c: make a variable static const
  o drivers/net/sb1000.c: make some variables static
  o drivers/net/lp486e.c: make some code static
  o drivers/net/3c509.c: make 2 structs static
  o drivers/net/3c527.c: make a struct static
  o drivers/net/amd8111e.c: make 2 functions static
  o drivers/net/loopback.c: make a function static
  o drivers/net/ethertap.c: make 2 functions static
  o drivers/net/dgrs.c: make 3 functions static
  o drivers/net/depca.c: make 2 structs static
  o drivers/net/bonding/: make 3 functions static
  o drivers/net/s2io.c: cleanups
  o drivers/net/pppoe.c: make a struct static
  o drivers/net/ppp_deflate.c: make 2 structs static
  o drivers/net/via-velocity.c: make a function static
  o drivers/net/tun.c: make 2 functions static
  o drivers/net/tulip/interrupt.c: make a variable static
  o drivers/net/shaper.c: make a variable static
  o drivers/net/slhc.c: remove 2 functions
  o remove dp83840.h

Alexander Viro:
  o hostap __user annotations
  o smc91x iomem annotations
  o 3c503 (iomem + isa-ectomy)
  o ibmlana part 2 (iomem annotations and isa-ectomy)
  o ibmlana part 1 (netdev_priv())
  o sk_mca - iomem and isa-ectomy
  o sk_mca - netdev_priv()
  o ibmtr 2/2: ibmtr annotations - the rest
  o ibmtr 1/2: iomem annotations - trivial part
  o es3210 iomem annotions and isa-ectomy
  o ewrk3 iomem annotations + isa-ectomy
  o wd iomem annotations + isa-ectomy
  o smc-ultra32 iomem annotations + isa-ectomy
  o smc-ultra iomem annotations + isa-ectomy
  o smc-mca iomem annotations and isa-ectomy
  o fealnx iomem annotations, switch to io{read,write}
  o wireless iomem annotations and fixes, switch to io{read,write}

Dale Farnsworth:
  o [netdrvr mv643xx] Remove call to msleep() while locks are held.  We don't really need to wait for the link to come up.  It was a workaround to avoid a transient error message, "Virtual device %s asks to queue packet!\n", in dev_queue_xmit() when called by ic_bootp_send_if().  This happens because right after opening the network device, there is a pending PHY status change interrupt causing the driver to call netif_stop_queue().  A half second later, the link comes up and all is well.  We could have moved the call to msleep() to mv643xx_eth_open() to perpetuate the workaround, but I think it's best to remove it entirely.
  o [netdrvr mv643xx] Ensure that we only change the Port Serial Control Reg while the port is disabled.
  o [netdrvr mv643xx] Add ethtool support to the mv643xx ethernet driver
  o [netdrvr mv643xx] Enable the mv643xx ethernet support on platforms using the MV64360 chip
  o [netdrvr mv643xx] Disable tcp/udp checksum offload to hardware.  It generally works, but the hardware appears to generate the wrong checksum if the hw checksum generation wasn't used in the previous packet sent.
  o [netdrvr mv643xx] We already set ETH_TX_ENABLE_INTERRUPT whenever we set ETH_TX_LAST_DESC
  o [netdrvr mv643xx] Update tx_bytes statistic when using hw tcp/udp checksum generation
  o [netdrvr mv643xx] Call netif_carrier_off when closing the driver
  o [netdrvr mv643xx] Trivial.  Remove repeated comment
  o [netdrvr mv643xx] Clear transmit l4i_chk even when the hardware ignores it
  o [netdrvr mv643xx] Increment tx_ring_skbs before calling eth_port_send, since
  o [netdrvr mv643xx] Fix handling of unaligned tiny fragments not handled by hardware Check all fragments instead of just the last.
  o [netdrvr mv643xx] Fix a few places I missed in the previous rename patch
  o This patch simplifies the mv64340_eth_set_rx_mode function without changing its behavior.
  o This patch makes the use of the MV64340_RX_QUEUE_FILL_ON_TASK config macro more consistent, though the macro remains undefined, since the feature still does not work properly.
  o This patch adds support for passing additional parameters via the platform_device interface.  These additional parameters are:
  o This patch adds device driver model support to the mv643xx_eth driver
  o This patch replaces the use of the pci_map_* functions with the corresponding dma_map_* functions.
  o This patch fixes the code that enables hardware checksum generation
  o This patch removes spin delays (count to 1000000, ugh) and instead waits with udelay or msleep for hardware flags to change.
  o This patch removes code that is redundant or useless

Daniele Venzano:
  o sis900: chiprev i/o cleanups
  o sis900: debugging output update
  o sis900 printk audit
  o sis900: version bump; remove broken URL
  o sis900: add infrastructure needed for standard netif messages

David Dillow:
  o Bump version and release date
  o Version 03.001.008 of the Typhoon firmware, courtesy of 3Com
  o Fixup the version reporting to match 3Com
  o Use module_param() and add descriptions
  o Teach typhoon to use port IO on machines that need it. It will attempt to use MMIO, but if that fails (or the user asks), it will fallback to port IO.
  o Enable bus mastering before saving our state, or we'll only be able to load the modules one time.

David Gibson:
  o Orinoco driver updates - update version and changelog
  o Orinoco driver updates - update firmware detection
  o Orinoco driver updates - WEP updates
  o Orinoco driver updates - delay Tx wake
  o Orinoco driver updates - prohibit IBSS with no ESSID
  o Orinoco driver updates - update is_ethersnap()
  o Orinoco driver updates - PCMCIA initialization cleanups
  o Orinoco driver updates - use modern module_parm()
  o Orinoco driver updates - cleanup PCI initialization
  o Orinoco driver updates - cleanup low-level code
  o Orinoco driver updates - add free_orinocodev()
  o Orinoco driver updates - use mdelay()/ssleep() more
  o Orinoco driver updates - update printk()s
  o Orinoco driver updates - use netif_carrier_*()

David T. Hollis:
  o Move MII-related constants from b44/tg3 drivers to linux/mii.h

Domen Puncer:
  o net/ewrk3: replace schedule_timeout() with msleep_interruptible()
  o net/tekram-sir: replace schedule_timeout() with msleep()
  o net/ns83820: replace schedule_timeout() with msleep()
  o net/ni65: replace schedule_timeout() with msleep()
  o net/sir_dev: replace schedule_timeout() with msleep()
  o net/xirc2ps_cs: replace Wait() with msleep()
  o net/ma600-sir: replace schedule_timeout() with msleep()
  o net/irtty-sir: replace schedule_timeout() with msleep()
  o net/act2001-sir: replace schedule_timeout() with msleep()
  o arcnet: remove casts

Don Fry:
  o pcnet32: 79c976 with fiber optic fix

Felipe Damasio:
  o 8139cp net driver: add MODULE_VERSION

François Romieu:
  o ieee80211: offset_in_page() removal
  o ieee80211: C99 initialization for eap_types
  o ieee80211: failure of ieee80211_crypto_init()
  o strip: use of netdev_priv
  o 8139cp: SG support fixes

Ganesh Venkatesan:
  o ixgb: Documentation/networking/ixgb.txt

Ian Campbell:
  o use datacs in smc91x driver
  o smc91x: power down PHY on suspend

Jay Vosburgh:
  o bonding: Update/rewrite bonding.txt
  o bonding: Update kconfig description
  o bonding: change misleading warning
  o bonding: use wrappers to change mtu and MAC
  o net/core: move set MAC into separate function

Jeff Garzik:
  o [wireless hostap] update for new pci_save_state()
  o [netdrvr 8139cp] TSO support

John W. Linville:
  o sk98lin: add MODULE_DEVICE_TABLE entry

Joshua Kwan:
  o hostap: fix Kconfig typos and missing select CRYPTO

Jouni Malinen:
  o Host AP: Replaced MODULE_PARM with module_param*
  o Host AP: Replaced direct dev->priv references with netdev_priv(dev)
  o Host AP: Updated to use Linux wireless extensions v17
  o Host AP: pci_register_driver() return value changes
  o Host AP: Fix netif_carrier_off() in non-client modes
  o Host AP: Fix PRISM2_IO_DEBUG
  o Host AP: Use void __iomem * with {read,write}{b,w}
  o Host AP: Fix card enabling after firmware download
  o Host AP: Do not bridge packets to unauthorized ports
  o Host AP: Fix compilation with PRISM2_NO_STATION_MODES defined
  o Host AP: Prevent STAs from associating using AP address
  o Host AP: Fix hw address changing for wifi# interface
  o Host AP: Remove ioctl debug messages
  o Host AP: Ignore (Re)AssocResp messages silently
  o Host AP: Fix interface packet counters
  o Host AP: Disable EAPOL TX/RX debug messages
  o fix hostap crypto bugs
  o Add HostAP wireless driver

JustMan:
  o atmel_cs: Add support LG LW2100N WLAN PCMCIA card

Matt Porter:
  o Add PPC440SP support to IBM EMAC driver

Nicolas Pitre:
  o smc91x: allow RX of VLAN packets

Nishanth Aravamudan:
  o net/s2io: replace schedule_timeout() with msleep()
  o net/cosa: replace schedule_timeout() with msleep()
  o net/airo: replace schedule_timeout() with msleep()/ssleep()
  o net/cs89x0: replace schedule_timeout() with msleep()

Olaf Kirch:
  o natsemi: long cable, short cable

Paul Mackerras:
  o remove bogus exports in ppp

Pavel Machek:
  o Fix u32 vs. pm_message_t in network device drivers
  o eepro100 kill obsolete ifdefs

Pekka Enberg:
  o 8139too: use iomap for pio/mmio

Ralf Bächle:
  o Reformat DMASCC driver
  o Use netdev_priv in baycom_epp driver
  o Use netdev_priv in baycom_ser_fdx driver
  o Use netdev_priv in hdlcdrv driver
  o Use netdev_priv in baycom_ser_hdx driver
  o Use netdev_priv in baycom_par driver
  o Use netdev_priv in bpqether driver
  o Use netdev_priv in mkiss driver
  o Use netdev_priv in YAM driver
  o SGI Seeq updates
  o SB1250 driver updates
  o S2IO syntax fixes
  o Meth driver updates
  o Marvell MV-64340 driver upda
  o Jazzsonic driver updates
  o IOC3 driver updates
  o Remove Baget network driver
  o Au1000 driver updates

Randy Dunlap:
  o ray_cs: reduce stack usage (sockaddr)
  o prism54: use NULL for pointer
  o (v2) arlan: remove gcc warning with CONFIG_PROC_FS=n

Rene Herman:
  o 8139too Interframe Gap Time

Scott Feldman:
  o eepro100: remove ID for 82556
  o e100: remove reference to NAPI config option

Steffen Klassert:
  o Add MODULE_VERSION to the 3c515 driver
  o Use netdev_priv in the 3c515 driver
  o 8139cp - add netpoll support

Stephen Hemminger:
  o skge driver (0.5)
  o 8139too: use netdev_priv
  o 8139cp - module_param

Thomas Gleixner:
  o rtl8139too.c: Fix missing pci_disable_dev
  o rtl8139too.c: Fix missing pci_disable_dev

Tony Lindgren:
  o Add OMAP support to smc91x Ethernet driver