Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] r8169: RTL8169_registers clean-up

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:30:17 -0500

Francois Romieu wrote:
> Jon Mason <[email-masked]> :
> 
>>An attempt to clean-up RTL8169_registers and  RTL8169_register_content.
>>Adjusted tab alignment and converted decimal values to hex.
>>
>>Applies cleanly to linux-2.6.11-rc4-mm1 and tested on amd64
> 
> 
> 1 - It does not use bitwise shifts where possible (suggested by Jeff);
> 2 - It is not consistent (see TxDesc...);
> 3 - Please write a script to reduce the patch and prove that a typo does
>     not hide somewhere (yep, I'm lazy). It would take too much testing
>     to get a complete coverage.

You can do a "diff -b" (ignore whitespaces changes) to check this sort 
of stuff.

> Jeff, how am I supposed to handle cleanups now ? Just say no ? :o)

Ideally keep a stack of patches such that, the fixes can be applied 
underneath the cleanups...

	Jeff