Subject: Re: Still bug-hunting

From: Christian Schmid <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 21:04:12 +0100

Thomas Graf wrote:
> * Christian Schmid <[email-masked]> 2005-03-05 20:07
> 
>>Actually we are a company and the big ones decided to buy new servers to 
>>work-around this bug. This is a common technique in companies. I say this 
>>sucks and thats why I experienced in our production system in order to give 
>>linux something back by reporting and helping to fix a bug which only 
>>appears on big systems. I do not understand why you start flaming at me.
> 
> 
> It's quite simple, provide a test case and someone will start looking
> into the problem (given there is one). The information you provided so far
> is quite vague, it would be pure luck to spot the bug. You have do
> understand that looking into such a bug may cost dozens of hours or days if
> it can't be reproduced by the person. Nobody does this without at least very
> strong evidences that the bug actually exists and your appereance so
> far didn't help too much I guess.

I just asked for a way how to change the dynamic memory-allocation for buffers to a static one. I 
dont think that this is much work and is a quite direct task.