Subject: Re: [[email-masked]: [PATCH] ethernet-bridge: update skb->priority in case forwarded frame has VLAN-header]

From: Ben Greear <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 09:45:20 -0800

jamal wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 22:38, Patrick McHardy wrote:
> 
>>jamal wrote:
>>
>>>Indeed that looks bad. But wouldnt have helped if we started at 0
>>>either. You need monotonically increasing values to make proper
>>>sense. So i suppose to do proper qos with L2, one must install the prio
>>>qdisc and rewrite the priomap.
>>
>>One reason more to move it to an optional ebtables target. Or leave it
>>all to prio + u32. But I guess a CLASSIFY target similar to iptables
>>could also be useful otherwise.
> 
> 
> I think you still want (perhaps the vlan) driver to come up with some
> sane defaults. From what i read from bgrear he has arbitrary values.

By default, everything is mapped to priority of zero, but the user can
specify a mapping to any integer they desire.

If you have some suggestions for some defaults better than zero, I'm
willing to consider it.

Ben

-- 
Ben Greear <[email-masked]>
Candela Technologies Inc  http://www.candelatech.com