Subject: Re: [PATCH] s390: claw network device driver

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 02:44:35 -0500

Andrew Morton wrote:
> Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>> > Was cc'ed to linux-net last Thursday, but it looks like the messages was
>> > too large and the vger server munched it.
>>
>> This also brings up a larger question... why was a completely unreviewed
>> net driver merged?
> 
> 
> Because nobody noticed that it didn't make it to the mailing list,
> obviously.

That's ducking the question.  Let me rephrase.

Why was a complete lack of response judged to be an ACK?

For new drivers, that's a -horrible- precedent.  You are quite skilled 
at poking random hackers :)  why not poke somebody to ack a new drivers? 
  It's not like this driver (or many of the other new drivers) 
desperately need to get into the kernel ASAP, so desperate that a lack 
of review was OK.

	Jeff