Subject: Re: PCI interrupt problem: e1000 & Super-Micro X6DVA motherboard

From: Ben Greear <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 13:34:17 -0700

Ganesh Venkatesan wrote:

>Ben:
>
>Have you checked if the BIOS on the super micro machine is the latest
>and greatest. I have had interrupt routing issues very similar to the
>one you are describing due to a BIOS Interrupt Routing issue. Moving
>to newer BIOS fixed it.
>  
>

A new BIOS didn't help.  Super-Micro eventually reproduced the problem, 
and told me
the fix was to send the MB back to them so they could solder another part
onto it....  I haven't received the MB back yet so I don't know if they 
really
have a fix for it or not...

Ben

-- 
Ben Greear <[email-masked]>
Candela Technologies Inc  http://www.candelatech.com