Subject: Re: Mystery packet killing tg3

From: Peter Buckingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 10:38:27 -0700

Rick Jones wrote:
> IIRC the HP Itanium2 workstations (zx2000, zx6000) have a 32-bit Intel 
> (e1000) GbE on them.  I have an idea what the name of the chip was, but 
> will defer to any and all Intel types on the list :)

this is the one we're using. in the next generation of our system we'll 
definitely be using a 64bit part...

peter

0000:05:07.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corp. 82541GI/PI Gigabit 
Ethernet Controller (rev 05)
         Subsystem: Giga-byte Technology: Unknown device 3000
         Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV+ VGASnoop- 
ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
         Status: Cap+ 66Mhz+ UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium 
 >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
         Latency: 64 (63750ns min), cache line size 10
         Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 201
         Region 0: Memory at beda0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
         Region 2: I/O ports at fc00 [size=64]
         Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2
                 Flags: PMEClk- DSI+ D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA 
PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
                 Status: D0 PME-Enable- DSel=0 DScale=1 PME-
         Capabilities: [e4] PCI-X non-bridge device.
                 Command: DPERE- ERO+ RBC=0 OST=0
                 Status: Bus=0 Dev=0 Func=0 64bit- 133MHz- SCD- USC-, 
DC=simple, DMMRBC=0, DMOST=0, DMCRS=0, RSCEM-