Subject: Re: A new driver for Broadcom bcm5706

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 17:18:29 -0400

Michael Chan wrote:
> A new driver bnx2 for Broadcom bcm5706 is available. Since the patch is
> over 500K, I've put it on the ftp server:
> 
> ftp://[email-masked]/bnx2-2.patch
> 
> The patch also includes new 1000BASE-X advertisement bit definitions in
> mii.h
> 
> Thanks to David Miller and Jeff Garzik for reviewing and their valuable
> feedback.

For what it's worth, DaveM and I decided that the patch submission 
procedure will be the same for bnx2 and tg3:  DaveM will merge the bnx2 
driver and patches, and send them upstream.

(this deviates from the normal procedure of me merging all net driver 
changes)

	Jeff