Subject: Re: 2.6.15-rc1: NET_CLS_U32 not working?

From: Christian <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 01:06:38 +0100

Adrian Bunk schrieb:
> 
> I'm assuming you are trying to insert the new module in your old kernel?

yes, i tried to "modprobe" the compiled cls_u32 module. but the "make 
modules" errors are there anyway. i tried to compile a fresh 2.6.15-rc1 
on a different machine (where i can't do "modprobe") and the errors were 
there too: http://nerdbynature.de/bits/sheep/2.6.15-rc1/make-modules.log

> This is one of the unfortunate but hardly avoidable cases where adding a 
> module requires installing a new kernel.

despite of the errors on "make modules" i'll reboot with the "new" 
kernel asap.

> BTW: Please Cc [email-masked] on networking issues.

ok, will do that.

thank you,
Christian.
-- 
BOFH excuse #442:

Trojan horse ran out of hay