Subject: Re: [RFC: 2.6 patch] remove drivers/net/eepro100.c

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 11:12:28 -0500

Russell King wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 04:33:02AM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> 
>>This patch removes the obsolete drivers/net/eepro100.c driver.
>>
>>Is there any reason why it should be kept?
> 
> 
> Tt's the only driver which works correctly on ARM CPUs.  e100 is
> basically buggy.  This has been discussed here on lkml and more
> recently on linux-netdev.  If anyone has any further questions
> please read the archives of those two lists.

After reading the archives, one discovers the current status is:

	waiting on ARM folks to test e100

Latest reference is public message-id <[email-masked]>, 
which was CC'd to you.

There is a patch in netdev-2.6.git#e100-sbit and in Andrew's -mm tree 
that should solve the ARM problems, and finally allow us to kill 
eepro100.  But it's waiting for feedback...

	Jeff