Subject: Mouse issues in -mm

From: Frank Sorenson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 19:06:38 -0700

Andrew Morton wrote:
> Marc Koschewski <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>Just booted into 2.6.15-rc2-mm1. The 'mouse problem' (as reported earlier) still
>>persists,
> 
> You'l probably need to re-report the mouse problem if the previous report
> didn't get any action.

I'm not certain whether this is the same 'mouse problem', but I'll
report the mouse problems I've been seeing.  In the past several -mm
kernels, my touchpad has initially worked at boot, but 'tapping' has
stopped working at some point later (with no obvious kernel messages).

I've experienced this problem at least with 2.6.15-rc1-mm2 and
2.6.15-rc2-mm1, and reverting
input-attempt-to-re-synchronize-mouse-every-5-seconds.patch gives a
kernel without the touchpad problems.

Thanks,

Frank
- --
Frank Sorenson - KD7TZK
Systems Manager, Computer Science Department
Brigham Young University
[email-masked]