Subject: Re: Keystone 2 boards boot failure

From: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2016 21:41:22 +0100

On Tuesday 02 February 2016 10:50:41 Franklin S Cooper Jr. wrote:
> Latest mainline is currently failing to boot for Keystone 2
> Hawking but I'm assuming its true for other Keystone 2
> boards. Bisect shows that this issue popped up after the
> patch "netcp: try to reduce type confusion in descriptors"
> (commit 89907779) was introduced. There was another patch
> "netcp: fix regression in receive processing" that seems to
> fix some bugs that the prior patch introduced however it
> still did not resolve the boot failure and was documented as
> not being tested.
> 
> Should we revert these commits or does anyone have any
> suggestions on how to fix these failures? I would be more
> than happy to test any fix.
> 

Have you tried to see if a revert fixes the problem on a
current kernel?

	Arnd