Subject: Re: wireless: recap of current issues (actions)

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 17:11:27 -0500

John W. Linville wrote:
> Actions
> =======
> 
> I need to establish a public git tree for wireless.  I would like for
> this to be on kernel.org, but I haven't got an account established
> there yet.  I've been dragging my feet a little, hoping that the
> kernel.org account would materialize.

> Since we are toying with the issue of multiple stacks (at least in the
> wireless development kernels), some thought needs to be done w.r.t. how
> to make a final decision between the two stacks.  An objective lists
> of functional feature requirements seems like a good place to start.
> IOW, I would like to have a list of features that would trigger the
> removal of one stack shortly after the other stack achieves support
> for the list.  Is this feasible?

Also, an objective and honest list of problems with both stacks should 
be considered...

	Jeff