Subject: how to change classful netem loss probability?

From: George Nychis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 18:46:30 -0400

Hi,

I am using netem to add loss and then adding another qdisc within netem 
according to the wiki.  Then i want to change the netem drop probability 
without having to delete the qdisc and recreate it.  I try it but I get 
invalid argument:

thorium-ini hedpe # tc qdisc add dev ath0 root handle 1:0 netem drop 1%
thorium-ini hedpe # tc qdisc add dev ath0 parent 1:1 handle 10: xcp 
capacity 54Mbit limit 500
thorium-ini hedpe # tc -s qdisc ls dev ath0
qdisc netem 1: limit 1000 loss 1%
  Sent 0 bytes 0 pkts (dropped 0, overlimits 0)
qdisc xcp 10: parent 1:1 capacity 52734Kbit limit 500p
  Sent 0 bytes 0 pkts (dropped 0, overlimits 0)
thorium-ini hedpe # tc qdisc change dev ath0 root handle 1:0 netem drop 1%
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
thorium-ini hedpe # tc qdisc change dev ath0 root netem drop 1%
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument

any ideas?

Thanks!
George