Subject: Re: Disabling "TCP Treason uncloaked"

From: Just Marc <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 14:25:25 +0100

Hi
> Just Marc <[email-masked]> wrote:
>   
>>   
>> That's good, but it may (and probably will) suppress many other messages 
>> which may be of more interest...
>>     
>
> That's the crux of the matter.  There is no way we can satisfy everyone
> short of putting a knob on each individual printk.
>
> So the only solution is to do the filtering yourself in userspace through
> klogd/syslogd.
>   
It is the crux of the matter. This print is a purely informational one, 
absolutely harmless (unless I'm mistaken) and clogs kernel  logs 
throughout the universe :)

Seriously, other kernel prints are usually not so harmless and are 
generally more important to see.  Let me  put it another way, except 
this print, I have no other prints whatsoever on any of my machines and 
if there are prints, I usually do want to know about them, I learned to 
ignore this print over the years.   I believe many people are in the 
same boat.

That's my opinion, anyway.

Thanks