Subject: Re: latest -stable breaks Squid

From: Ben Greear <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 18:22:21 -0700

Herbert Xu wrote:
> Dave Jones <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>>So I pushed out an update for Fedora Core 5 users yesterday
>>that moved the kernel from 2.6.16.9 to 2.6.16.13.
>>I've since heard "My network performance is awful", and worse
>>yet, some apps seem broken as in the report below.
>>
>>Anyone have any ideas ?
> 
> 
> Try reverting the e1000 truesize patch.  Although the fix is 100%
> correct, it might have a negative impact on user-space apps with
> particuarly small rcvbuf settings.  Prior to the fix, due to the
> incorrect accounting we are essentially enlarging rcvbuf by as much
> as 10 times.

At least one of the reports shows problems with non e1000 NICs, so it's
probably not just the e1000 change.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=190620

Ben

> Cheers,

-- 
Ben Greear <[email-masked]>
Candela Technologies Inc  http://www.candelatech.com