Subject: Re: iptables broken on ppc (ptrace too?) (2.6.17-rc3)

From: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 20:41:21 +0200

Meelis Roos wrote:
>>> Iptables seems to be broken on ppc for me. Kernel 2.6.17-rc3 (currently
>>> compiling rc4+git). 32-bit ppc, ARCH=ppc with PReP target. Iptables
>>> userland binary is from the latest Debian unstable (1.3.3-2).
>>>
>>> The symptoms: iptables usually just tells Invalid Argument on any
>>> modification attempt. I'm trying to set up a simple one-rule NAT for
>>> test:
>>> iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 172.30.0.0/24 -j SNAT --to 10.0.0.1
>>> and it usually fails but has succeeded 2 times (I now have 2 rules of
>>> this kind and they seem to just wotk once set up). Trying to delete the
>>> second rule (either by replacing -A with -D or using just -D 2) gives
>>> the same error.
>>
>>
>>
>> This should already be fixed in -rc4.
> 
> 
> Unfortunately it was still there with yesterdays rc4+git.

I may have misinterpreted your report - are you running a 32bit or 64bit
kernel?