Subject: Re: iptables broken on ppc (ptrace too?) (2.6.17-rc3)

From: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 21:36:03 +0200

Meelis Roos wrote:
>>>> This should already be fixed in -rc4.
>>>
>>>
>>> Unfortunately it was still there with yesterdays rc4+git.
>>
>>
>> I may have misinterpreted your report - are you running a 32bit or 64bit
>> kernel?
> 
> 
> 32-bit kernel, this is a Motorola Powerstack II macine with 604e. PReP
> subarch, only buildable from the old ARCH=ppc code (not yet migrated to
> ARCH=powerpc).

Ah OK, I thought it was related to the new compat code, but that isn't
the case. Your trace doesn't give much clues, except that it shows that
iptables dies with a SIGSEGV, which might be a bug in userspace or in
the kernel. Which was the last kernel that worked for you, and can you
try that version again to rule out userspace bugs?