Subject: avahi error: IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP failed: No buffer space available

From: Ben Greear <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 11:07:47 -0700

This is an FC5 64-bit system with 1GB RAM and dual-core Opteron.
When I create a bunch of virtual interfaces, I see this in
/var/log/messages.  The kernel is 2.6.16.16 plus my hacks.

At first look, it doesn't appear I actually need the avahi tool, so
I'm just going to disable it.  But, I thought someone might
want to be aware of the problem...

May 30 11:01:37 x64-1u avahi-daemon[2022]: Joining mDNS multicast group on inter
face eth2#16.IPv4 with address 172.1.2.18.
May 30 11:01:37 x64-1u avahi-daemon[2022]: Registering new address record for 17
2.1.2.18 on eth2#16.
May 30 11:01:37 x64-1u avahi-daemon[2022]: New relevant interface eth2#17.IPv4 f
or mDNS.
May 30 11:01:37 x64-1u avahi-daemon[2022]: Joining mDNS multicast group on inter
face eth2#17.IPv4 with address 172.1.2.19.
May 30 11:01:37 x64-1u avahi-daemon[2022]: IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP failed: No buffer s
pace available
May 30 11:01:37 x64-1u avahi-daemon[2022]: Registering new address record for 17
2.1.2.19 on eth2#17.
May 30 11:01:37 x64-1u avahi-daemon[2022]: New relevant interface eth2#18.IPv4 f
or mDNS.
May 30 11:01:37 x64-1u avahi-daemon[2022]: Joining mDNS multicast group on inter
face eth2#18.IPv4 with address 172.1.2.20.
May 30 11:01:37 x64-1u avahi-daemon[2022]: IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP failed: No buffer s
pace available

Thanks,
Ben

-- 
Ben Greear <[email-masked]>
Candela Technologies Inc  http://www.candelatech.com