Subject: Re: DPRINTKs in e1000 code (2.6.x kernels)

From: Auke Kok <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 15:22:26 -0700

Auke Kok wrote:
> Amit Arora wrote:
>> On Wed, 2006-05-31 at 16:30, Auke Kok wrote:
>>> On Wed, 31 May 2006 14:31:05 +0530, Amit K Arora <[email-masked]> 
>>> wrote:
>>>> Should these DPRINTKs be removed from the 2.6.x e1000 code as well ?
>>> they already are. the patch was merged in 7.0.38-k2 or so which is 
>>> over a month ago. 
>>
>> I do not think these DPRINTKs have been removed from the latest code.
>> Or, they did get removed at some point of time, but somehow again got
>> added.
>> I checked in 2.16.17-rc4 kernel, and also in the following versions of
>> e1000 codebase (pulled from
>> git://lost.foo-projects.org/~ahkok/git/netdev-2.6):
>> e1000-7.0.38-k1, -k2 ... -k5  e1000-7.0.41
>>
>> All of the above versions have the concerned DPRINTKs in e1000_suspend()
>> and other routines.
>>
>> Please check once and let me know if I am missing something. Thanks!
> 
> git-show d0e027db7861ef03de0ac08494a9a61984d8f8b0
> 
> it's really in there - please use jgarzik's netdev#upstream branch. Not 
> sure if it already made it to 2.16.17-rc5, but I don't think this made 
> it into 2.16.17-rc4, so that is where you may be missing it.

I'm in need of coffee - these changes got queued for 2.6.18. They're in 
jgarziks netdev-2.6.git, but not anywhere in 2.6.17rcX

Auke