Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/6] ehea: pHYP interface

From: Heiko J Schick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 18:17:08 +0200

Roland Dreier wrote:
> I think this code needs to be refactored so that it can share with the
> ehca InfiniBand driver (which should be merged upstream soon).  For
> example, you have ehea_hcall_7arg_7ret() and the ehca driver has an
> identical ehca_hcall_7arg_7ret().

In genreral this is a good approach, but we think it will be a lengthy
process until the same code base is accepted from both - Network community
(keep it as simple as possible) vs. IB community (support full IB
functionallity). Another thing which makes it quite challenging is that
hypervisor calls have subtle little differences between eHCA and eHEA.

> Also:
> 
>  > +++ kernel/drivers/net/ehea/ehea_hcall.h	2006-06-21 04:44:50.158485520 -0700
> 
>  > +/**
>  > + * This file contains HCALL defines that are to be included in the appropriate
>  > + * kernel files later
>  > + */
> 
> this stuff should go in <asm-powerpc/hvcall.h> with the other
> constants, right?

Yes, that would be the next step.

Regards,
	Heiko