Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/3] [VLAN]: Update iif when receiving via VLAN device

From: Nicolas Dichtel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 15:43:38 +0200

Thomas Graf a écrit :
> * Nicolas Dichtel <[email-masked]> 2006-06-30 15:16
>>> That creates a nice loop on ingress. Upon reentering the
>>> stack with skb->dev set to eth0 again we'll go through the
>>> same ingress filters as the first time and we'll hit ifb0
>>> again over and over. Are you suggesting everyone has to
>>> insert a pass action matching input_dev in order to escape
>>> the loop when using ifb?
>> Bit 8 of skb->tc_verd is set by IFB, so packet isn't reclassify.
>> This bit avoid the loop.
>
> Right, my mistake. Just making classification impossible after
> going through an ifb device certainly seems like a perfect
> idea, nice!
Classification has already be done on the first pass. Mirror
action must be the last classifier.

Nicolas