Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/3] [VLAN]: Update iif when receiving via VLAN device

From: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 19:18:48 +0200

Thomas Graf wrote:
> * Thomas Graf <[email-masked]> 2006-06-30 18:32
> 
>>Anyways, I give up. Last time I've been running after you trying
>>to fix the many bugs you leave behind. Ever noticed that whenever
>>you add some new code it's someone else following up with tons of
>>small bugfix patches having a hard time trying to figure out the
>>actual intent. I'll just duplicate the code for my purpose, so
>>much easier.
> 
> 
> There you go, leaves ifb broken as-is, at least prevents it
> from crashing randomly when the input_dev disappears.

That would be a pity. After this patch has been ACKed, could we start
over with the other bugs one at a time? I wasn't really able to gather
the problems from this thread, but some of the behaviour you mentioned
does seem questionable.