Subject: Re: [RFC 1/4] kevent: core files.

From: Zach Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 14:32:05 -0700

>> 	int kevent_getevents(int event_fd, struct ukevent *events,
>> 		int min_events, int max_events,
>> 		struct timeval *timeout);
> 
> I used only one syscall for all operations, above syscall is
> essentially what kevent_user_wait() does.

Essentially, yes, but the differences are important.  It's important to
have a clear syscall interface instead of nesting through multiplexers.
 And we should get the batching/latency inputs right.  (I'm for both
min/max elements and arguably timeouts, but I could understand not
wanting to go *that* far.)

> Hmm, it looks like I'm lost here...

Yeah, it seems my description might not have sunk in :).  We're giving
userspace a way to collect events without performing a system call.

> I especially like idea about world happinness in a week or so :)

A few weeks! :)

- z