Subject: Re: [RFC][PATCH 2/9] deadlock prevention core

From: Daniel Phillips <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 20:58:28 -0700

Andrew Morton wrote:
> Peter Zijlstra <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>Testcase:
>>
>>Mount an NBD device as sole swap device and mmap > physical RAM, then
>>loop through touching pages only once.
> 
> Fix: don't try to swap over the network.  Yes, there may be some scenarios
> where people have no local storage, but it's reasonable to expect anyone
> who is using Linux as an "enterprise storage platform" to stick a local
> disk on the thing for swap.
> 
> That leaves MAP_SHARED, but mm-tracking-shared-dirty-pages.patch will fix
> that, will it not?

Hi Andrew,

What happened to the case where we just fill memory full of dirty file
pages backed by a remote disk?

Regards,

Daniel