Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/6] Various NetLabel fixes and cleanups

From: Paul Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 09:18:26 -0400

David Miller wrote:
> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 10:42:51 -0400
> 
> 
>>This patchset contains a series of small patches to fix a bug and some general
>>ugliness from the original author (that moron ...).  All of the following
>>patches are against David's net-2.6.19 tree.
>>
>>Please consider these for 2.6.19, thanks.
> 
> Applied to net-2.6.19, thanks a lot Paul.

No problem.

> Does the bug fix in that first patch fix the ssh problem?

As far as the kernel is concerned, yes.  There was a problem in the
kernel of the sk_security_struct->sclass variable not being initialized
correctly which the posted patch fixes as well as a problem with the ssh
daemon rejecting all connections with IP options.  Looking at the ssh
code it appears that they wanted to reject source routed connections but
they were a bit heavy handed and simply rejected connections if any
options were present.

There is more information in this Fedora Bugzilla:

 * https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=202856

-- 
paul moore
linux security @ hp