Subject: [RFC] Patch to add board revision to the WLAN chip_id printout

From: Larry Finger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 10:28:07 -0500

Michael,

This patch includes the board revision in the chip_id printk for the ssb version of bcm43xx-d80211 
and is meant to be applied to wireless-dev. As we have seen, behavior of the chips can be dependent 
on the rev level, thus a need to have it in the log.

Signed-off-by: Larry Finger <[email-masked]>

Index: wireless-dev/drivers/net/wireless/d80211/bcm43xx/bcm43xx_main.c
===================================================================
--- wireless-dev.orig/drivers/net/wireless/d80211/bcm43xx/bcm43xx_main.c
+++ wireless-dev/drivers/net/wireless/d80211/bcm43xx/bcm43xx_main.c
@@ -3346,7 +3346,8 @@ static int bcm43xx_attach_board(struct b
  	if (err)
  		goto err_chipset_detach;

-	printk(KERN_INFO PFX "Broadcom %04X WLAN found\n", bcm->ssb.chip_id);
+	printk(KERN_INFO PFX "Broadcom %04X WLAN, Revision %d found\n",
+		bcm->ssb.chip_id, bcm->board_revision);

  	/* Attach all IO cores to the backplane. */
  	coremask = 0;