Subject: [PATCH] bcm43xx-softmac: update noise handling

From: Larry Finger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 12:40:32 -0500

John,

Please apply this patch to wireless-2.6. In addition, please let me
know if you have any problems applying it. I'm sending this by a new
method.

Larry

In bcm43xx-softmac, the bcm43xx_stats struct contains a variable that
is no longer used. In addition, two TODO entries related to noise
processing in bcm43xx_rx have been completed, and as unused one
is removed.

Signed-off-by: Larry Finger <[email-masked]>
---

Index: wireless-2.6/drivers/net/wireless/bcm43xx/bcm43xx.h
===================================================================
--- wireless-2.6.orig/drivers/net/wireless/bcm43xx/bcm43xx.h
+++ wireless-2.6/drivers/net/wireless/bcm43xx/bcm43xx.h
@@ -666,7 +666,6 @@ struct bcm43xx_noise_calculation {
 };
 
 struct bcm43xx_stats {
-	u8 link_quality;
 	u8 noise;
 	struct iw_statistics wstats;
 	/* Store the last TX/RX times here for updating the leds. */
Index: wireless-2.6/drivers/net/wireless/bcm43xx/bcm43xx_xmit.c
===================================================================
--- wireless-2.6.orig/drivers/net/wireless/bcm43xx/bcm43xx_xmit.c
+++ wireless-2.6/drivers/net/wireless/bcm43xx/bcm43xx_xmit.c
@@ -496,15 +496,14 @@ int bcm43xx_rx(struct bcm43xx_private *b
 	stats.signal = bcm43xx_rssi_postprocess(bcm, rxhdr->rssi, is_ofdm,
 					      !!(rxflags1 & BCM43xx_RXHDR_FLAGS1_2053RSSIADJ),
 					      !!(rxflags3 & BCM43xx_RXHDR_FLAGS3_2050RSSIADJ));
-//TODO	stats.noise = 
+	stats.noise = bcm->stats.noise;
 	if (is_ofdm)
 		stats.rate = bcm43xx_plcp_get_bitrate_ofdm(plcp);
 	else
 		stats.rate = bcm43xx_plcp_get_bitrate_cck(plcp);
 	stats.received_channel = radio->channel;
-//TODO	stats.control = 
 	stats.mask = IEEE80211_STATMASK_SIGNAL |
-//TODO		     IEEE80211_STATMASK_NOISE |
+		     IEEE80211_STATMASK_NOISE |
 		     IEEE80211_STATMASK_RATE |
 		     IEEE80211_STATMASK_RSSI;
 	if (phy->type == BCM43xx_PHYTYPE_A)