Subject: Re: [PATCH 18/23] e1000: revert 'e1000: Remove 0x1000 as supported device'

From: Auke Kok <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 13:34:18 -0700

Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Kok, Auke wrote:
>> The commit 'e1000: Remove 0x1000 as supported device' (Jeff Kirsher,
>> 673a052fde79ab5e9dce569b0336358812ddba2d) Removes PIC device ID 8086:1000
>> from the list of supported devices. A fix was submitted for the original
>> issue (commit 6a9516989f94df10d9a27ba543c6b53b3e69c84a).
>>
>> This commit reverts commit 673a052fde79ab5e9dce569b0336358812ddba2d and
>> re-enables 82542rev3 chips completely.
>>
>> Signed-off-by: Auke Kok <[email-masked]>
>> ---
>>
>>  0 files changed, 0 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)
> 
> null patch

hmm, it should look like this:

---

e1000: revert 'e1000: Remove 0x1000 as supported device'

The commit 'e1000: Remove 0x1000 as supported device' (Jeff Kirsher,
673a052fde79ab5e9dce569b0336358812ddba2d) Removes PIC device ID 8086:1000
from the list of supported devices. A fix was submitted for the original
issue (commit 6a9516989f94df10d9a27ba543c6b53b3e69c84a).

This commit reverts commit 673a052fde79ab5e9dce569b0336358812ddba2d and
re-enables 82542rev3 chips completely.

Signed-off-by: Auke Kok <[email-masked]>

diff --git a/drivers/net/e1000/e1000_main.c b/drivers/net/e1000/e1000_main.c
index 1d7c999..a8d724e 100644
--- a/drivers/net/e1000/e1000_main.c
+++ b/drivers/net/e1000/e1000_main.c
@@ -48,6 +48,7 @@ static char e1000_copyright[] = "Copyrig
   *   {PCI_DEVICE(PCI_VENDOR_ID_INTEL, device_id)}
   */
  static struct pci_device_id e1000_pci_tbl[] = {
+       INTEL_E1000_ETHERNET_DEVICE(0x1000),
         INTEL_E1000_ETHERNET_DEVICE(0x1001),
         INTEL_E1000_ETHERNET_DEVICE(0x1004),
         INTEL_E1000_ETHERNET_DEVICE(0x1008),