Subject: Re: [patch] Add ethtool -i interface to Prism54

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 14:19:29 -0400

Kai Engert wrote:
> Attached is a small patch that will add support for
>  ethtool -i
> to the prism54 driver.
> 
> ethtool -i queries the specified ethernet device for associated driver 
> information.
> 
> This helps tools like Fedora's system-config-network to provide GUI 
> management of network devices.
> I learned how to write this patch by reading the ipw2100 driver code.
> 
> Thanks for considering to take it.

Please include a Signed-off-by line at a minimum, to provide a legal 
release for your patch.  Other details, like including the patch inline 
rather than as an attachment can found in
http://linux.yyz.us/patch-format.html and 
Documentation/SubmittingPatches in the kernel tree.

	Jeff