Subject: Re: ipw3945?

From: James Ketrenos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 17:40:49 -0800

dragoran wrote:
...
> It seems that the development of the driver has stopped since july,
> maybe because it never will get merged and intel decided to stop working
> on it?

Development hasn't stopped, I'm just a slacker ;).  I was away from work
for a while, and on return I was sucked into various issues that have
now (hopefully) all been resolved (or routed to /dev/null).

We have several patches that have backed up in our bug database
(http://bughost.org/cover/ and click on 'tested patches') that I'll be
pushing to our GIT tree as well as releasing a new snapshot to SF.

We've also been working on some new code internally we're putting
through some testing before we push out.  Expect some good things in the
coming weeks.

> If this is true it could mean that feature intel wlan chips will end up
> with no linux drivers :(

We do what we can internally to ensure that is never the case.

James