Subject: Re: Generic Netlink HOW-TO based on Jamal's original doc

From: Paul Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 11:20:10 -0500

Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> Paul Moore wrote:
> 
>>A couple of months ago I promised Jamal and Thomas I would post some comments to
>>Jamal's original genetlink how-to.  However, as I started to work on the
>>document the diff from the original started to get a little ridiculous so
>>instead of posting a patch against Jamal's original how-to I'm just posting the
>>revised document in it's entirety.
>>
>>In the document below I tried to summarize all of the things I learned while
>>developing NetLabel.  Some of it came from Jamal's document, some the kernel
>>code, and some from discussions with Thomas.  Hopefully this document will make
>>it much easier for others to use genetlink in the future.
>>
>>If this text below is acceptable to everyone, should this be added to the
>>Documentation directory?
>>  
> 
> Mind if we put a wikified version on http://linux-net.osdl.org?

That sounds fine to me, although can we hold off for a little bit so I can
collect some more comments?  Is the wiki open to anyone, i.e. can I add the
document directly, or am I better off just letting you do it?

-- 
paul moore
linux security @ hp