Subject: Re: driver support for Chelsio T210 10Gb ethernet in 2.6.x

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 17:57:27 -0500

Chris Stromsoe wrote:
> The in-kernel Chelsio cxgb driver in 2.6.19-rc5 is version 2.1.1 and 
> only supports the N110 and N210 10Gb ethernet boards.  The current 
> driver available from Chelsio[1] is 2.1.4a and supports the T110 and 
> T210 series boards, but is only available against 2.6.16.  Any chance of 
> an update to the in-kernel driver for 2.6.20 to support the T* series 
> cards?
> 
> -Chris
> 
> 1. http://service.chelsio.com/drivers/linux/n210/cxgb-2.1.4a.tar.gz

A bit of history:  this driver was merged in March 2005 (submitted by 
Chelsio), updated once in June 2005, and then the maintainers completely 
disappeared.

So, you get what you get...  if someone wants to dig through the updated 
cxgb driver and merge it with the kernel and test it... great.  But at 
this point it is abandonware.

	Jeff