Subject: Re: ar5k and Atheros AR5005G

From: Michael Renzmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 06:33:36 +0100

Hi.

Michael Buesch wrote:
>> IIRC Pavel already explained that getting rid of the HAL per se should be
>> no problem - it could easily be dissolved into the driver, if that is one
>> of the requirements to be fulfilled before the driver (MadWifi or DadWifi)
>> is considered for mainline inclusion. As soon as there is source available
>> to dissolve, at least.
> Ok, so who actually does the work?

The MadWifi team? It won't happen today or tomorrow, but I'm confident 
that it will happen. Any contribution to that effort is highly welcome - 
the more people help, the faster will the goal be reached.

>> From what I understood the "... once the hal issue is resolved" part of
>> David's mail refered to exactly that question.
> Ok, I don't know what "The HAL Issue" (tm) is.

You referred to the archives where that exact "issue"(s) (binary-only, 
non-free, no sources, unwanted level of abstraction) has/have been 
discussed in lenght, but you claim you didn't have a clue what David was 
talking about? Come on.

Bye, Mike

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your
opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys - and earn cash
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV