Subject: acx-20060215 for etch

From: jeffery <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 11:32:08 -0800

pci.c needed a fix for etch..

I added the includes for utsrelease.h as they were needed for the 
declaration of UTS_RELEASE in debian etch...

as the acx tarball downloaded into debian etch:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

debian:/usr/src/acx-20060215# make -C /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build M=`pwd`
make: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.18-3-686'
CC [M] /usr/src/acx-20060215/pci.o
In file included from /usr/src/acx-20060215/acx.h:2,
from /usr/src/acx-20060215/pci.c:55:
/usr/src/acx-20060215/wlan_compat.h:246: warning: ‘packed’ attribute 
ignored for field of type ‘u8[6]’
/usr/src/acx-20060215/wlan_compat.h:247: warning: ‘packed’ attribute 
ignored for field of type ‘u8[6]’
/usr/src/acx-20060215/wlan_compat.h:253: warning: ‘packed’ attribute 
ignored for field of type ‘u8’

<snip>

/usr/src/acx-20060215/pci.c: In function ‘acxpci_e_probe’:
/usr/src/acx-20060215/pci.c:1653: error: ‘UTS_RELEASE’ undeclared (first 
use in this function)
/usr/src/acx-20060215/pci.c:1653: error: (Each undeclared identifier is 
reported only once
/usr/src/acx-20060215/pci.c:1653: error: for each function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [/usr/src/acx-20060215/pci.o] Error 1
make: *** [_module_/usr/src/acx-20060215] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.18-3-686'
debian:/usr/src/acx-20060215#

~~~~~~~~~~~

after researching and discovering these declarations had been put into 
separate includes.h for etch,
I entered pci.c and in the includes header added the line

#include <linux/utsrelease.h>

and it compiled beautifully.
I haven't touched source code for over 12 years.
Totally made my day.

...jeffery