Subject: Re: [S2IO] De-typedef driver

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 11:39:46 -0500

Ramkrishna Vepa wrote:
>> I stomped over the s2io driver when doing an allyesconfig build for
> IP27
>> where there was a namespace collision between the IP27 code and the
> s2io
>> driver which both use a nic_t.  I decieded both were broken, IP27
> should
>> not export the type and s2io was a totally typedef polluted piece of
> code.
>> So here's the s2io part of the fix.
> [Ram] Agreed this is a problem. Please leave the typedef but change
> nic_t to xframe_t. This will make it unique and is a much simpler
> change.

More simple yes, but not any closer to the Linux kernel (and POSIX) 
preferred style.

Most kernel devs' brains work better after applying Ralf's patch...

	Jeff