Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/8] partial resend: e1000 fixes and updates

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 11:56:04 -0500

Kok, Auke wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> This patch series contains exclusively fixes for e1000. Some of these patches were
> already sent in december, but didn't make it into any usptream tree yet. Most
> importantly, it addresses two issues in the recently merged msi interrupt
> handler and dynamic itr code. A performance fix and some minor cleanups are also
> added. This brings the driver up to version 7.3.20-k2.
> 
> The summary below lists all patches. Once that were previously acked are annotated
> with (*)
> 
> These patches apply against netdev-2.6 #upstream-linus commit
> 77aab8bf22042d1658d4adbca8b71779e7f2d0ff. Please pull:
> 
> git pull git://lost.foo-projects.org/~ahkok/git/netdev-2.6 upstream-linus

Sigh.  I /know/ I've told you this before, but let's review the branches 
again.  NEVER EVER use branch 'upstream-linus'.  That is for Linus only.

There are three branches you should care about:

master			Vanilla upstream Linus tree, as of my last pull
upstream-fixes		netdev fixes being sent to Linus for -rc
upstream		Everything else pending, but not yet merged

The decision tree is as follows:

* If there are no dependent e1000 changes, send patches against master 
(or torvalds/linux-2.6.git, if you prefer)
* If there are dependent e1000 changes in #upstream-fixes, send patches 
against #upstream-fixes
* If there are dependent e1000 changes in #upstream, send patches 
against #upstream

In the current tree there are no e1000 changes, so please regenerate 
your tree against vanilla linux-2.6.git and resubmit.

I ACK patches 1-8.

	Jeff