Subject: Re: [PATCH 2.6.20 1/5] s2io: updates for s2io driver.

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 12:01:31 -0500

Ananda Raju wrote:
> Hello, 
> 
> List of changes in this patch:
> 
> 	This patch adds two load parameters napi and ufo. Previously NAPI was
> compilation option with these changes wan enable disable NAPI using load
> parameter. Also we are introducing ufo load parameter to enable/disable
> ufo feature
> 
> Signed-off-by: Sivakumar Subramani <[email-masked]>

OK, you're getting closer :)

Problems that need correcting:

1) Your email subject line is a one-line summary of the patch.  "s2io: 
updates for s2io driver" is useless, because it tells us nothing about 
the patch itself.  When applied in a series,

	git log master..upstream-fixes | git shortlog

will produce

	Ananda Raju (5):
	s2io: updates for s2io driver
	s2io: updates for s2io driver
	s2io: updates for s2io driver
	s2io: updates for s2io driver
	s2io: updates for s2io driver

which clearly makes it impossible to distinguish between changesets. 
Please re-read Rule #1 of http://linux.yyz.us/patch-format.html

Also, re-read Rule #2.  Everything in your email body before the "---" 
terminator is copied DIRECTLY into the kernel changelog.  As such, 
comments like "Hello," and "List of changes in this patch:" must be 
hand-edited out of your email, before applying the patch.

Please fix these problems and resubmit.

	Jeff